Monday, January 28, 2008

ProConPundit to McCain:
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart


You never have to worry about John McCain when he is down and out, abused, dismissed, forgotten, written off. He will rise up out of the ashes every time. Its when McCain is on top that he will blow it. Don’t do it, Mac. I’ve been lovin you way too long to have you blow it now. I was with you in 2000 and before, and have been with you ever since. When everyone had you written off, I said–Mac will be back. I have been at the bus stop for 8 years waiting for the Straight Talk Express to pick me up. It’s here, I’m on it, and we are so, so close–to making it–or blowing it. Mac: Stop talking about 100 years in Iraq and MORE wars.

This election season is FANTASTIC. Its fluid and I am genuinely amazed at how fast things change. We go along thinking one thing is paramount and then the Dow plunges 400 points and our priorities change. I really admire and respect John McCain. Hell, I love the man. Needless to say, I want him to be our next president. He’s got to make the case and close the deal. Its now apparent that it’s a 2 person race between he and Romney. Giuliani himself said today that the winner the Florida primary tomorrow will be the GOP nominee. Not necessarily. McCain or Romney will win narrowly. The victory will be slim, the perception will give greater momentum going into Super Tuesday–in one week. Whoever wins Super Tuesday will be the nominee. My money is still on McCain, no hedge. I am in touch with the fact that it may be Romney. I don’t like him. I think he’s a phoney. The fact that he is a hugely successful business person who has some experience in fiscal/business turn around will be great experience should he be the nominee. Should he be the nominee, the ProConPundit will have to return to my previous condemnation and vow to not support him. In the meantime, Mac–give it your best, make the case, close the deal, and for God’s sake–Don’t Go Breaking My Heart!

No comments: