Monday, August 25, 2008


South Side Chicago Girl Makes Her Mark


I grew up 5 miles and a million miles from Michelle Obama and her church.


People who know more than I do have described Michelle Obama as an anti-white militant black. I don’t really care for her and it pains me, I must admit, to oppose a so-called South side Chicagoan named Barack Obama for President. I doubt that another south sider will ever come this close again. Whatever I think of them, though, Michelle is really and truly a girl of the south side...she’s not exotic, not from Hawaii, not raised in Kenya. She grew up about five miles from me. She gave a great speech for her husband and the country she says she has always loved, even if only recently proud of.

Clintonesque in her embellishments, she lied when she said her husband wants to end the war reponsibly. He has been too slow to actually pay attention to what is going on or what is needed in Iraq. His entire platform has been based on voting against a war he had no vote in, while he voted present 100 times in the Illinois Senate when what he actually believed might have mattered.

So far, this convention has said nothing to white, working class, blue collar Democrats.

No comments: