Monday, August 18, 2008


ProConPundit Breaks Silence

and Embarrassment to Endorse Obama

The ProConPundit has taken a long break from the blog this summer. This has been, in part, because I have been really busy. Mostly, though, I have remained silent because there hasn’t been much to say. I have been generally non-plussed by the activity of the campaigns and pundits the last couple of months.

The other reason for my silence has been apprehension about the McCain campaign. I’ve not wanted to answer the question many of you have asked me: CAN HE DO IT? IS IT OVER? I am ready to tackle these issues now. So let me begin with my endorsement of Obama.

I have vacillated many times on endorsing Obama. I endorsed him early on in a Democratic debate when he was asked how he would respond to an attack on the U.S. He responded by saying he would call Civil Defense people, talk to local responders, etc. It was then that I issued an endorsement of Obama as mayor of a mid-sized city like Indianapolis or Peoria.

When he spoke in Berlin of our imperfections as Americans, then I came close to endorsing him as President of the European Union. But after his lackluster, if not dismal, performance in the interview by Rick Warren, I am now clear and unequivocal in my endorsement of Barack Obama.


Therefore, once and for all, the ProConPundit issues an unconditional endorsement of Barack Obama to be PRESIDENT of ANY high school student council anywhere in the U.S. or any other country he holds allegiance to.

When Rick Warren asked Obama to name three close advisors he would rely on as President, the first two were his wife and his grandmother. GRANDMA? Yes, GRANDMA. The next time planes fly into buildings, its reassuring to know that the President can rely on Grandma to see him through. McCain’s first response was David Petraeus.

Rick Warren is pastor of Saddleback Church and author of mega best selling book, PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE. The first line of the book is "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU." The book is generally a great rebuking of the baby boomer credo that the world revolves around us. In answering one of Warren’s questions, Obama rambled on and on and finally said he came to realize that "its not all about me." Warren quipped, "I am always glad to hear that." The entire congregation (audience) erupted into laughter while the self-absorbed Obama didn’t get why they were laughing. He considers himself a friend of Warren and even the most cursory background or prep work on being interviewed there should have informed him about the premise of this book. Obama looked silly and uncomfortable through the entire interview.

My endorsement stands: any time, any high school: Barack is our student council prez.


No comments: