Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Biden Finally Makes Prime Time


I love Joe Biden. I don’t actually remember the last time we had a regular guy on a national ticket. He adores his family, still thinks his wife is hot and she seems proud of him. On top of all of that, he is well qualified to be President of the US. His speech tonight wasn’t the best speech I’ve ever heard him give and I’ve paid more attention to him than most people. (That’s not bragging.) His personal stuff was interesting. It was mostly a speech that seemed disjointed to me.



His speech was shorter than I imagined. His son Beau, Attorney general of Delaware, gave the intro for his dad which was really touching.

Biden is an emotional, heart guy. I love him. He, too, was short on what Obama and he would actually do to make life in America better.

Anecdotally, Biden never endorsed Obama until he was selected as his running mate. The families seem to have bonded well. Michelle Obama was weepy during the speech which was, well, not exactly touching, but nice.

Obama had a surprise visit at the end of the speech. Forgive me, I thought it was lame. Biden didn’t need him. Obama so often comes off as an "eat your spinach type" explaining things to us that don’t need to be explained to us...like why his speech will be in a stadium tomorrow night.

GOP strategist, Mike Murphy, was ridiculed as a guest tonight by Chris Matthews, booed by the studio audience while Keith Olbermann told Matthews to pull the plug on Murphy. Murphy had the gall to say that he thought Bill & Hillary would actually vote for McCain. Opposition to Obama is simply not tolerated. Murphy quipped, You (people at MSNBC) are so in the tank (for Obama) that I am looking for the submarine.

No comments: