Saturday, August 23, 2008



My Second Favorite State With 2 Great Senators

I am a resident of Illinois and Wisconsin. No offense to my cheddar neighbors but my favorite state after Illinois is Indiana. I love Hoosiers. I also love the two fine U.S. Senators from Indiana, Dick Lugar, Republican and Evan Bayh, Democrat. Not only do they do proud to Indiana, and trust me with senators like Durbin and Obama in Illinois, Hoosiers should be proud, these two guys are national leaders. They quietly and effectively serve on committees like Armed Services, Foreign Relations, etc. I have always thought Bayh would made a good president and wished Lugar had gone further in his run for the White House in 1996. They have both been mayors of Indianapolis and Bayh was Governor of Indiana.

My reason for bringing them up today is that Bayh’s future ambitions for the presidency have likely ended with being passed over by Obama. And on that day, Evan Bayh’s colleague, Dick Lugar had this to say of him, "I have enjoyed for many years the opportunity to work with Joe Biden to bring strong bipartisan support to United States foreign policy. ... I share the disappointment of many Hoosiers that my partner in the Senate, Evan Bayh, was not selected on this occasion, but I believe he will continue to have widespread support for higher office during many years ahead."

Two class acts from a great state!

No comments: