Monday, January 26, 2009


A ProConPundit First: Watching The View

Thank you Blago. Not only is the Lifetime movie that is YOUR LIFE going down the tube but now you are taking me with you! Today, I will go lower than I ever imagined. I have never watched The View. Honest. I've seen clips from it when political flair ups put it on cable news. The thought of it makes me feel, well, a little icky. When I've seen clips, I have found The View to be in over its head scratching and clawing at each other over politics. But I won't miss it today. Actually, I'll record it and watch it later. Embattled, beleaguered, mile-high hair, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich has taken his PR blitz to the national stage today. He is making several appearances including The View at 10 a.m. Chicago time on ABC. (Program note: Technically, I will record The View and watch it later. Does that still count? Hell, recording it--thats even worse!)

Blago has been impeached by the Illinois House and will be tried this week by the Illinois Senate. He will most definitely be found guilty and be removed from office by Friday.

The ProConPundit has been curiously silent on Blago, who Chicago Mayor Daley calls cuckoo. There is an ongoing investigation which has kept me from saying much. Ha ha. As if that was possible even if I was involved. I'll say more following his appearance on The View. For now, I'll say this:
1. It's Mayor Daley's fault he is the Governor.
2. The ProConPundit twice voted against him. I regret not having more opportunties to vote against him.
3. He is a creep.
4. His civil liberties have been violated.
5. His impeachment was triggered by a crime the Federal Prosecutor has not indicted him for.
6. Even a broken clock is accurate twice a day. Blago should never have been the Governor but he is being railroaded out of office.

7. Illinois voters should be horse whipped for picking him over Illniois Attorney General Jim Ryan in 2002 and Illinois State Treasurer Judy Baar-Topinka in 2006.

No comments: