Friday, October 03, 2008


Try to remember the magic that we shared
In time your broken heart will mend
I never used you, you knew I really cared
I hate to see it have to end
But it's over
Sad eyes, turn the other way
I don't wanna see you cry
Sad eyes, you knew there'd come a day
When we would have to say 'goodbye'

It’s over.
Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. It’s over. It pains me to say it. As much as I believe anything, I believe John McCain would be–as we have never needed before-- a great president. It’s over. Obama is ahead beyond the margin of error in every state that John Kerry won in 2004. In the rarest turn of events, Indiana and North Carolina, reliably Republican, are within Obama’s reach. Virginia and Florida were carried by Bush and those are also within Obama’s reach. There are a few things, not to be dismissed but also not likely, that could bring about a defeat for Obama:

1. Polls do not take into account the number of white people who will not vote for a black. If McCain is behind within the margin of error or under 10 points, this could be a factor.
2. The Clinton’s do not want Obama to win. I would not underestimate their dirty tricks in the weeks ahead.
3. Jeremiah Wright, Fr. Pfelger and "I’ve never been proud to be an American before." These themes will be highlighted in the weeks ahead.
4. Another Georgia-Russia type incident that underscores McCain’s experience.
5. Mac Attack. McCain never does so well as when he is down for the count. Against all odds, McCain could stage a comeback.

A McCain comeback is what I am hoping for. So far, my predictions have been right-on. I predicted McCain would be the nominee when no one else did. I predicted Sarah Palin would be his running mate along with three other, preferable choices. I hope I am wrong in this prediction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am tired of McCain trying to be a nice guy all the time. He is going to lose this election because he would not go on the attack. He has recently said that Rev. Wright is off limits. The one thing that gets Americans blood to boil and it is off limits. Sarah Palin has bigger ones than he has.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin was the anchor that sunk this ship.