Tuesday, February 05, 2008


Who Needs The Big Easy?
Best Mardi Gras Imaginable for ProConPundit:

SUPER TUESDAY

7:00 p.m. Chicago War Room of the ProConPundit

Obama is poised to hurt the Clinton’s badly. The backlash in the South against Bill Clinton will be big. The Clinton’s have won Arkansas, one of their many homes, and Tennessee, the ancestral home of Al Gore.
McCain is well positioned to clinch or nearly clinch the nomination. He has won Connecticut, New Jersey and Illinois. Romney naturally won the state he liberally governed, Massachusetts.

The talking heads are wrong about Huckabee...he has won Arkansas and West Virginia and will continue to do well in the South. They think he will be able to command a VP slot should McCain get the nomination. Don’t bet on it. I am having a blast watching Pat Buchanan and his sister, Bay Buchanan frenzied in their insistence that Romney will beat McCain. They have been wrong in EVERY election since 1980.
The ProConPundit manages to work full time, provide stunning devotion to this blog AND provide you today on Fat Tuesday, Super Tuesday with 2 election embeds in places where it takes some hootspa to be a Republican.
6 a.m. CST Chicago Heights, Illinois/ The ProConPundit
"I went into a mostly African American polling place and managed to drop jaws by asking for a Republican ballot. Spirits suspicioulsy revived ever so slightly when I quipped, 'Well, you want Obama to have a good opponent in the fall, don’t you?' There were so many empty spots on the GOP ballot that there wasn't even a GOP nominee for Illinois assembly in that district. Chalk up one write in vote for--you guessed it, The ProConPundit."

10 a.m EST South Bronx, New York/ The Captain
"The polls are located in a senior citizen housing complex. As I walked in, I was warmly greeted by an African-American woman who quickly looked up my name. She filled out a voter card and handed it back to me after I signed the roll. She directed me to the voting booth and as I was about to pull back the curtain she yelled out, "Wait a minute! He's a Republican. We got a Republican!" Maybe it was just me but the eyes of the entire room seemd to be on me. The woman apologized for filling out the wrong card - my guess is she hadn't had to use one all morning. Again, I walked over to the booth where the gentleman had to change the settings because, well, I'm a Republican. My guess is he didn't have much experience in doing this, if he had ever done it, because it took him awhile to figure it out. Eventually I proceeded into the booth to do my civic duty."

It will be a late night.
Smart people know this election is not about idealogy...its about unity, practicality and, depending on your view, transition or transformation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny I went into my polling place in DuPage County ask for a Democratic Ballot and got the same
reply. I wrote in the empty spot "ProConPundit"
Enjoy your Blog!